1 an apparatus for burning fuel (or refuse); "a diesel engine is an oil burner"
2 the heating elements of a stove or range on which pots and pans are placed for cooking; "the electric range had one large burner and three smaller one"
- Rhymes: -ɜː(r)nə(r)
Nounburner (plural: burners)
- An element on a kitchen stove that generates localized heat for cooking.
- Someone or something which burns.
- A device that generates localized heat for experiments; a bunsen burner.
- A device that allows data or music to be stored on a CDR or CDROM.
- A device for burning refuse; an incinerator
- A device that burns fuel; e.g. a diesel engine; a hot-air balloon's propulsion system.
- A person who has attended "Burning Man", and considers himself or herself to be a member of that community.
Burner may refer to:
- Gas burner or Oil burner, a mechanical device that burns a gas or liquid fuel into a flame in a controlled manner
- CD burner, a CD/DVD recording tool.
- Burner (Burning Man), an active participant in the annual Burning Man festival
- Burner (hot air balloon), a device to inflate a hot air balloon
- Burner or Stinger (medicine), a minor neurological injury suffered mostly by athletes participating in contact sports
- Burner, a weapon used by the soldiers of the Mobile Infantry in Robert A. Heinlein's novel Starship Troopers
- Raleigh Burner, a 1980's BMX bike manufactured by Raleigh Bicycle Company
Burner is also a slang term for:
A person who smokes copious amount of marijuana.
Argand burner, acetylene welder, annihilator, arsonist, biblioclast, blast lamp, blowpipe, blowtorch, bomber, burning ghat, caliduct, cinerator, cooker, cookery, cremator, crematorium, crematory, demolisher, destroyer, dynamitard, dynamiter, element, exterminator, furnace, gas burner, gas jet, gas mantle, heater, heating duct, hun, iconoclast, idol breaker, idoloclast, incandescent mantle, incinerator, jet, mantle, nihilist, pilot light, ruiner, steam pipe, stove, syndicalist, terrorist, tewel, torch, tuyere, vandal, warmer, welder, welding blowpipe, wrecker